At the same time, I had a powerful quiet time with Jesus. My reading today came from Isaiah chapters 48-50. Some of the verses that really spoke to me and led me into a powerful prayer time were:
"This is what the Lord says: 'At just the right time, I will respond to you. On the day of salvation I will help you. I will protect you and give you to the people as my covenant with them...I will say to the prisoners, 'Come out in freedom, and to those in darkness,'Come into the light.' ...They will never hunger or thirst. The searing sun will not reach them anymore...Burst into song, O mountains! For the Lord has comforted his people and will have compassion in their suffering...Look around and see, for all your children will come back to you...I will give a signal to godless nations. They will carry your sons back to you in their arms; they will bring your daughters on their shoulders...For I will fight those who fight you, and I will save your children'...Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do his will. And I know that I will not be put to shame..."
I prayed in a way I haven't prayed for Sunny in weeks. And I proceeded to enjoy breakfast with me two littles. I received a text and decided to check email real quick and there it was. Our I-604 process was finished and our visa appointment was scheduled for October 11.
I shared with the girls first. Libby was concerned about my leaving and they both had questions about how Sunny would feel upon arriving home. We talked through it all and from that point on there has been so much joy in our home!
I the rest of the day I worked out travel plans, childcare and started packing. YES!!! I am packing and I an not returning without Sunny. This is for real!
Sunny heads for her medical appointment in the morning. And I will begin serious packing and planning.
For now, here's how you can pray.
1. guarding of Libby's and Gracie's hearts as they are sad to see mom leave on such a long trip (8 days).
2. preparing of every family member's heart to receive Sunny and for Sunny to feel prepared for her new home.
3. for safety in my travels - no delays, no lost luggage, nothing forgotten
4. for favor with embassy on Oct. 11
5. for speed and favor in receiving the actual Visa and the IBESR exit letter in time to head home Oct. 17
6. for joy and bonding while I'm alone with Sunny in Haiti
7. for blessings upon HCRM and its director: Jean Fritz Nicolas and his wife Missou
8. for enjoyable travel with Sunny coming home
9. for the first months of transition home - peace, wisdom, bonding and so on.
I fly out the evening of Monday, Oct. 8 and arrive in PAP on Tuesday, Oct. 9. Embassy appointment is Thursday, Oct. 11.
Lord willing, I fly out of Haiti and land in Amarillo on Wednesday, Oct. 17! AND WE PARTY for about 30 minutes at the airport before the real work begins:)
All glory to Jesus on this Yom Kippur, Day of Atonement!