In a nutshell -
Haiti has asked the U.S. to close their humanitarian parole program starting on April 14. That makes the Hope Act useless. While there may be other options in the works, we've been advised to start thinking and working towards the traditional adoption route to bring Keemberlie home. At first, this was hard to hear. But now... I'm on fire!
We're ahead of the game a tad bc we already have an international home study that is Haiti specific and we've already filed the I-600A and started the fingerprint process (I say "started" bc my fingerprints have been rejected twice and I have to go back in on Monday with extra docs so we can move forward).
On top of jumping into the paper chase for Keemberlie, we realized we don't have a ss# for Gracie yet and we need it for taxes. So, on our way out of town in the morning (for which I have yet to finish packing) we are stopping by the SS office to see if we can get one for her with just a green card and her immigration docs... Hope so! If not, we are filing for an ATIN - but that will require us to file an extension - so, hoping for the ss# instead.
On top of that we've been juggling booking events, working towards a live CD project this summer, caring for two beauties (one who is teething - oh my!) and headed to an event in Corpus Christi for the weekend.
On Sunday we drive back and go straight to a meeting with Dr. Leininger and the other families waiting to bring children home from HCRM! Excited about that!
Then first thing Monday morning - headed to USCIS to clear up the fingerprint issue and at noon, I have an appt. with an allergy doc in New Braunfels.... We have another event the following weekend and then a big trip the week after that... Seriously hectic days! Whew! And we'll be paperchasing the whole way!
Pray for my sanity! And pray for a speedy adoption!