I have lists from Hope for Orphans, the Williamson's, gov't websites and HCRM that detail all the docs/steps needed to complete our dossier. Each list is a little different from the other. So last night I complied them altogether and I have listed them below. (This is mainly for the families in this boat with me so they can see the list we are working from). When everything in the list below is written in green they must each (except for a few) be sent to the Secretary of State (in the State of the notary) for State Authentication (which according to gov't sites is for Regular Certification and NOT an apostille - but there is confusion bc families who previously adopted from Haiti are saying "apostille"). According to the gov't websites, the next step - since Haiti is a non-Hague country - is Authentication by the U.S. State Dept. But according to families who have adopted from Haiti previously, the State Authentication is the only authentication step needed. I'm waiting on clarification of this today. In any case, after the authentication step(s) are completed I send the docs to be translated into French. Have no idea how long that usually takes, but that is a lot of docs to have translated! Then the final step (on our end) is to send certain docs to the Haitian Consulate for legalization. Some lists say I only need to submit 4 docs, others say more... will get that cleared up soon. Then I have to make FIVE copies of the entire dossier - which is more copies than our previous adoptions required AND the dossier will be twice the size as our previous dossiers because of each page needing a French translation.... We're talking crazy huge dossier!!! That is a lot of copies to be made... WOWZA!
Okay - here is the compiled list:
1. Notarized Application Letter. Letter requesting to adopt a child from Haiti.
Billy's arrived - has been sent back to KY for State Authentication
3. Certified copy of Birth Certificate on Adoptive Mother.
4. Certified copy of Marriage Certificate.
6. Notarized Home study.
9. Notarized Police Letter for the Adoptive Mother. Done!
WORKING ON THIS.
12. One Notarized letter of reference from church addressed to "The Officials of the Republic of Haiti"
CPA IS AWARE OF OUR NEED FOR HIM TO WRITE BILLY'S.
16. Notarized Employment Verification letter for me.
MINE IS WRITTEN AND JUST NEEDS NOTARY.
Not sure if the "certification of pictures" is necessary and don't have one if it is. Also - I believe we actually need 8 passport photos each... 2 go to consulate for legalization and 6 more go with dossier to Haiti - according to 2 lists.
20. Notarized Power of Attorney - written and will notarize today!
21. G-28 form, signed by both parents. Two lists mention the need for this form. Hope to find out today if it is necessary. If so I think I just print it from online and sign it - no biggie!
LATER IN THE ADOPTION PROCESS WE WILL ALSO NEED:
1. I 600 form
2. I-864 form
3. Last 3 years income tax returns and supporting W-2's
4. Current pay stub
5. Payments to HCRM