Friday, May 14, 2010

Little Girl Doesn't Know What's Coming

Little girl doesn't know what's coming
Each year has dealt hard turns
Mama and Papa have disappeared
Grandma, sick and dying

Little girl doesn't know what's coming
Bus stops at her new home
Brothers and sisters she is given
How long, she doesn't know

Little girl doesn't know what's coming
Embrace will give her hope
Let the gates swing wide and let us run
To hold the precious one

Little girl doesn't know what's coming
When we must walk away
Oh Lifter of her head be near her
And tell her not to fear

Little girl doesn't know what's coming
Forever home and love
More than she could ever imagine
Forever joy and hope

Forever is coming, Keemberlie. However long we must wait to obtain it, forever together is on its way.... but for now we are coming for a little while and we will savor every minute of it and seal each moment with a picture or memory to remind us off all that God has done to bring us this far. So that we will believe and know that his promise to bring you home will be done!

Love,
Mommy
Leaving for Haiti in less than 24 hours.... will not have computer, so updates will be posted after the 19th.

3 comments:

KK said...

Praying for you on your journey Cindy...

Stacie said...

Hey Cindy,
I am a friend of Kelly & Carissa. My husband, Andy, & I moved to the San Francisco about a year and a half ago to start a church. We have one bio son who is three and a half years old and we are currently adopting a little boy from Ethiopia. We just got our referral the Friday before Mother's Day for a beautiful little boy about 20 months old!! I am beginning to pull preparations together for traveling (we'll have to go twice...have you heard about that new policy?) I have a few questions that I'd love to get your feedback on if you have the time. My email is stacie.wood81@gmail.com. I know you're super-busy, but just let me know if you're available to answer a few questions for me. Thanks so much!!!

Love,
Stacie Wood

Cara Maddox said...

I have been praying and thinking about your family all week! Hope blessings have been flying your way!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio